The Robert Pope Foundation’s support for education has included:
- A scholarship fund at the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design (NSCAD University).
- Summer research grants to Dalhousie University medical students conducting research in the Medical Humanities. In this field of medical education, medical students gain a deeper understanding of the human experience of illness and health as it is communicated through the rich stories and perspectives offered in literature, visual art and history, among other arts and humanity disciplines.
- Gift of Robert Pope’s book, Illness and Healing, to first year medical students at Dalhousie Medical School.
- Balfour Mount Visiting Professorship in Palliative Care. This visiting professorship is funded by the Foundation in order to advance knowledge on palliative care by bringing the most distinguished international lecturers on palliative care to Canadian Medical Schools. The program is administered by the Royal College of Physician and Surgeons of Canada. http://rcpsc.medical.org/awards/bmm-palliative_e.php
- Funding for the purchase of books on art and health at the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design University library and Dalhousie University Kellogg Health Sciences Library. This link provides details on the types of books these two libraries acquired with these grants.
Book Acquisitions on Art, Health, Medicine and The Body