Our Mission Statement:
Through art, education and community health initiatives, we seek to promote wholeness at every stage of living.
Specifically, the objectives of the Robert Pope Foundation in Nova Scotia are:
- To increase awareness of Robert Pope’s art to enhance understanding of the cancer experience from the patient’s perspective and the need for whole person care.
- To encourage fine art studies and practice through strategic community initiatives.
- To encourage medical humanities studies and activities through strategic community initiatives.
- To encourage innovative community projects in wellness, cancer therapy and palliative care to enhance quality of life.
- To produce publications, videos and exhibitions with an emphasis on art, health and well-being.
Members of the Robert Pope Foundation’s Board of Directors are:
Doug Pope, President
Alex Livingston, Vice President
Kathleen Rosborough, Treasurer
Karen Smith, Secretary
Honorary Members and Founders of the Robert Pope Foundation:
Mr. William Pope, Recipient of the Order of Nova Scotia, Publisher, Philanthropist, Minister.
Mrs. Isabel Pope, Philanthropist, Co-Publisher, Lancelot Press, Hantsport, Nova Scotia.
Before their retirement, the Popes published over 500 books at Lancelot Press over a 25 year period.