The Robert Pope Foundation
Reaching Out with Hope and Healing. Inspiring Through Art.
The Robert Pope Foundation fosters art, education and community health initiatives in an effort to celebrate life and enhance well-being, health and healing at all stages of living.
Our focus on art, education and health in Nova Scotia is implemented through actions aligned with the memory of artist, Robert Pope (1956 – 1992).
Our Mission Statement
- Through art, education and community health initiatives, we seek to promote wholeness at every stage of living.
Specifically, the Robert Pope Foundation’ objectives in Nova Scotia are:
- To increase awareness of Robert Pope’s art to enhance understanding of the cancer experience from the patient’s perspective and the need for whole person care.
- To encourage fine art studies and practice through strategic community initiatives.
- To encourage medical humanities studies and activities through strategic community initiatives.
- To encourage innovative community projects in wellness, cancer therapy and palliative care to enhance quality of life.
- To produce publications, videos and exhibitions with an emphasis on art, health and well-being.